Available Job Opportunities
Download the job posting
Employment Status and Hours: Exempt, Regular Full-time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Chinese Lead Pastor
Typical Work Schedule: Sunday, 4 week days, and frequent Saturday events and activities.
JOB SUMMARY: Works under the direction of the Chinese Lead Pastor to carry out functions, including but not limited to, discipleship, worship, prayer, Sunday School, visitation, fellowship, outreach, and other programs
DELEGATED AUTHORITY: Oversees the Ministry for Cantonese Families under the direction of the Chinese Lead Pastor, with the support of ministry team leaders and other lay workers
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide shepherding and caring for the spiritual needs of Cantonese Families
- Develop and implement ministry strategy under the guidance of Chinese Lead Pastor.
- Develop, equip and train lay workers in discipleship, prayer, Bible Studies and personal evangelism
- Lead outreach and evangelistic efforts for Cantonese families but not limited to fellowship meetings, visitations and evangelistic meetings
- Teach and motivate the congregation to care, pray and develop deeper faith and trust in God
- Lead ministry team members in planning and executing activities, projects and programs to meet the needs of Cantonese Families
- Be available as needs arise, for prayer, personal counseling, visitation, crises, etc.
- Attend pastoral staff, deacon, member, and prayer meetings.
- Maintain regular working hours; compliant with church policies and procedures.
- Preach occasionally as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Chinese Lead Pastor.
1. Calling and Commitment
a. Must be a born-again Christian
b. A confirmed calling by God into the gospel ministry
a. As an Godly example
i. Humble before the Lord and His people
iii. Teachable and accountable
iv. Pursues personal holiness
3. Skills and Abilities
a. Possess good people skills as a shepherd
i. Handles problems and conflicts with sound discernment
ii. Works with individuals and groups as a team player
iii. Proactive in resolving issues and conflicts
iv. Personable, approachable, and available
v. Compassionate and caring for believers and non-believers
vi. Encouraging and supportive
b. Can share the Gospel clearly
c. Can teach the Bible effectively
d. Can lead effectively
i. Communicates and acts with integrity
ii. Initiates, organizes, leads, and delegates
e. Fluency in Cantonese and written Chinese a must; ability to input Chinese into a computer a plus
f. Proficiency in written and verbal English a must
g. Flexibility to work in a wide age span in the Cantonese Adult/Family ministries
h. Sensitivity to needs of a wide age span and life-stage congregation
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: As a member of the pastoral staff this position will have daily contact with the church office staff including maintenance, administrative staff members and various elected/appointed committees, as well as frequent contact with lay workers. On many occasions, members of the pastoral staff will have contact with third parties on behalf of the church. In all instances, pastoral staff members must maintain a professional and spiritual
decorum in all contacts and communications (both written and oral) with all parties.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Divinity or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum 3 years of full time ministerial experience in a North American congregation with 100 or more is desirable.
2. Prior experience working with Families is a plus
• SKILLS: teaching, coaching, leading and preaching
• CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES: Ordination is required
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Operate computer and standard office equipment.
• Must be able to drive to visit members and visitors as needed, as well as to attend various functions/events.
• Physically fit to perform duties normally expected of a pastor.
• The pastor is a member of the pastoral staff and is supervised by the Chinese Lead Pastor.
This job description is subject to change by the church as the needs of the church and requirements of the job change.